8-Hour Lifting & Stabilization (June 23, 2024)
Lifting, stabilizing, transferring loads, and moving objects are all part of a good rescue plan when people are trapped by heavy vehicles. This class will explain the need to understand how loads move and the direction of movements rescuers need to overcome. Discussion on weight calculations, angles for stabilization, support, and lifting, and the various types of
equipment rescuers need to consider when forming a rescue plan.
There will be a brief classroom session to cover the concepts and techniques of lifting, proper tool selection and use, and tactics involved with different scenarios.
The practical portion will have students working with new technology tools and equipment to accomplish rescues in four different stations.
1. Lifting a large vehicle in an overrun situa4on
2. Lifting a van trailer from an underride and working with a heavy wrecker
3. Lifting and moving concrete to free a vic4m.
4. Stabilizing a side leaning heavy vehicle
Main Topics Covered:
- Advanced stabilization
- Street Smart cribbing
- Under rides
- Wrecker Assist extrication